In order to add FTP users to Windows Server 2012 r2 follow these steps. This example users XAMPP Control Panel v3.2.1 however the process is the same for other versions.
- Firstly open the XAMPP control panel as an administrator
- Install the Filezilla Module as a service by clicking the 'Service' box to the left of the 'Module' name
- This will ask you to confirm, do so
- Service should start
- Click on 'Actions > Admin' this will open the FTP admin area
- Edit users, add users and assign a password and home directory
- Test this user access on another machine via the command line or Filezilla
Permissions may need to be changed after this to ensure user has sufficient upload/download rights.